Dealing with electricity is always a very dangerous job. If you use the wrong tools, you might end up having a very fatal accident. Hence choosing your tools like best multimeter for the money is a very important decision. The best tool to handle the electrical problems and to figure them pout is a multimeter. Don’t worry, we have the best multimeters you can buy from and all of them will prove worthy of your time.
A Buying Guide to Best Multimeter for the Money
If you want to choose the best multimeter for yourself, it is important you have a look at all the features. The most important one being that it should be able to measure two types of currents, alternating current and direct current. There are many multimeters available that only measure one type of electrical current, and they aren’t really worth buying. In AC, the current is flowing back and forth whereas DC flows only in one direction.
It is very important that you don’t overlook the price of a multimeter. A multimeter can cost from 20 dollars to 200 dollars depending on the functions you are looking for. If you want to use it for professional purposes, you should invest your money in an expensive multimeter. It basically depends on how often you will be using it.
Always go for multimeters that have auto ranging ability in them. This basically means that your product adjusts the settings automatically to the required ranges you are testing in. Hence instead of going for a manually held multimeter choose the best auto ranging multimeter.
You should choose a multimeter that has tons of functions in it. It should preferably be able to measure alternating current, direct current, voltages, resistance, frequency etc. however don’t buy a product with way too much functions because it might overload the multimeter causing it to get stuck. Moreover as the number of functions increase, the price also increases.
There are two types of displays available when choosing the best digital multimeter for the money. One of them is an LCD display and the other one is a needle display. It is better to buy an LCD display as it usually comes with 6000 count display and have a black light feature where you can see the reading in the dark as well.
These products have to be used in very rough areas sometimes, hence it is important that they can withstand harsh conditions and are very long lasting. It should not break apart by falling down the first time only. So make sure you buy a multi meter that will be able to last for a long time as you might need it a lot of times.
It would be better if it has RMS technology in it. Multimeter should have the ability to give ghost readings or inaccurate readings. It might come with different sorts of probes e.g. alligator or grab hooks. There should be different inputs for different measurements as excessive current might damage the multi meter. Another important factor to consider is input impedance. Low input impedance will give you faulty readings and higher input impedance gives you a very accurate reading. It might come with a hanging magnet and a kickstand or maybe a rubber handle.
Best Multimeter for Home Use
You can choose the best multimeter for home use by keeping certain things in mind. You should use a very cost effective multimeter as home does not require a very professional one. It has to be used for very basic purposes in our homes. Moreover keep a check on the precision it offers. The closer it is, the better it would be. Design also plays an important role as you would need a very small and compact multimeter for home use that can be put inside a toolbox easily. It should also be very safe to use and should come with rechargeable batteries.
Best Digital Multimeter for Electronics
The best multimeter for electronics would be the one that is very durable and can survive in very harsh conditions. It should be able to show readings even in dark rooms. It should have a lot of additional features and it will be expensive as compared to the others. Multimeter should have a lot of safety features as it would be used for advanced prjects.
9 best multimeter for the money
Here we have one of the best multimeters for the money. It has been specifically designed to be used safely by professionals in either a commercial setting or for DIY work. It comes with advanced features which makes it arguably the best value digital multimeter.
- This is an auto ranging digital multimeter that can conduct a wide range of tests including voltage and resistance.
- AstroAI can troubleshoot the electrical problems or it can simply be used for electronics training.
- The test leads have to be connected to the two points on the circuit that is being tested.
- Moreover this best multimeter for electronics comes with explosion proof ceramic tubes and double protection along with overload protection on every range.
- It has a digital display accompanied by blacklit LCD.
- It has a multi-function socket to measure transistors and capacitors at the same time.
- AstroAI also has a hanging magnet and a kickstand along with the ability to conduct a temperature test.
- It is explosion proof.
- It can conduct a wide range of measurements.
- AstroAI comes on a very affordable price.
- It has a blacklit LCD for visibility in dark.
- The magnetic usually picks up on metal debris, which is not exactly needed.
- The transistor test function is only at 1 volt.
Amprobe is the best multimeter for DIY electronics that comes with many notable features. This small, yet tough multimeter gives you accurate results for either light commercials or for complicated residential applications. It will not disappoint and is totally worth the money you spend on it.
- This auto range digital multimeter is packed with features as it can measure alternating current, direct current, alternating voltage, direct voltage, resistance, capacitance, micro current, frequency, micro amps and duty cycles.
- It has a very wide range if applications ranging from home appliances to automotive applications.
- Amprobe has built in flash light for us to see the wires etc. and has probe holder to act as a third hand.
- It also has a blacklit LCD that comes with a bar graph function.
- You can see the inside by the flash light.
- It has a very affordable price.
- It comes with CAT-IV capabilities.
- Not all functions work properly.
- Apart from the probe, there are no other safety precautions.
All of us can agree on the fact that having the right thing at the right time is a blessing most of us don’t have. However Fluke brings you the best digital multimeter for the money that is versatile and very fast acting. It is a must buy if you are a professional at this all.
- This best multimeter for home use can measure voltage, current, resistance, frequency and capacitance which makes it an all in one tool.
- It goes beyond the ordinary functions of a multimeter and is capable of measuring temperature as well so you don’t have to carry a thermometer around all the time.
- Fluke also features RMS AC voltage and current for perfect measurements on nonlinear signals.
- It has low input impedance which prevents wrong voltage readings.
- Flame sensors can be tested by micro amps.
- This digital multimeter with min max has time to record signal fluctuations.
- It is very compact and can be carried around in one hand.
- It is capable enough to last for a long time.
- There is a plastic layer on all the critical spots for protection.
- It can work under all sorts of conditions.
- It might not be the best option for someone who wants to use it in home.
- You cannot test apearge with it as it does not have a clamp.
- It is a bit expensive as compared to the other best auto ranging multimeters.
Etekcity gives you a perfect product if you are looking forward to the best multimeter to buy. This easy to use multimeter combines your ease of use along with innovation and helps you achieve the best possible results. Get your hands on it as soon as possible.
- It is very safe to use as you can measure ac current with clamps only.
- It comes with various multi functions e.g. HOLD, MAX etc.
- Quick and accurate results are obtained by the auto ranging function.
- Your battery life can be saved by turning off the auto option.
- Clear measurements can be obtained through an LCD display.
- Moreover this best electrical test meter comes in a pouch and automatically goes into sleep mode after nit being used for 15 minutes.
- It is extremely safe to use.
- Its manual guide is very self-explanatory.
- It is the best multimeter for small electronics.
- It is a bit overpriced.
- Although the stated range goes up to 400 amps, some multimeters cannot go beyond 200 amps.
Etekcity gives us another best multimeter for electronics technician, and this one does not disappoint as well. This is a very practical tool that can be used for household works as well. It comes with amazing customer reviews and is bound to work with perfection.
- It has a data hold function that keeps displays the measurements as you record them.
- You can read measurements during the dark due to the blacklit display.
- It comes with full support and is always protected by a rubber sleeve.
- This best value digital multimeter comes with automotive maintenance and has a manual range dial to measure the current, voltage etc.
- It is equipped with a continuity buzzer as well to inform you if your electrical components are not in a working condition anymore.
- This digital volt ohm meter comes at a very affordable price.
- It has a lot of testing functions.
- The functions are performed accurately.
- It is very safe to use.
- Its small size causes difficulty while working.
- It is not very durable.
- It does not measure AC current.
If you are in a lookout for auto ranging digital multimeter reviews, then extech is a must try. With its awesome reviews, it promises perfection as it is packed with features. This compact digital multimeter for beginners is worth spending your money on.
- It has an LCD display which is quite large and it displays 2000 counts.
- It is capable of measuring AC and DC voltage up to 600 volts.
- Extech can measure the direct current up to 10 amperes.
- It has the ability to measure temperature in a thermocouple as the temperature range is from -4 to 1400 degree Fahrenheit.
- It can test continuity and diode along with resistant for 200 ohms to 20 Mohms.
- Extech is very small in size and has an integrated tilt stand along with the rugged rubber holster.
- It has a data hold function which locks the readings so that you can record it.
- The size makes it very unique and easily portable.
- It is very light weight and hence it can even be kept in your pocket.
- The rubber holster makes the grip very strong.
- It is very safe to use.
- It is very affordable.
- Extech comes with a replaceable fuse.
- It is very durable.
- If you have big hands, you might not be able to work well with it.
- It is not auto ranging.
- The beep from the continuity tester might be annoying for some people.
Fluke gives you another best multimeter for electricians that have been included in our top ten. Fluke products come with demanding features and a promise for accuracy. Your investment in this best multimeter for electronics will not be regretted.
- It comes with the advanced feature of detecting voltage without coming in contact with your electronic equipment.
- It has been tested under CAT III 600V for safety and it passed all sorts of test.
- Fluke has low input impedance which prevents false reading and comes with automatic AC or DC voltage selection.
- Accurate measurements can be taken on nonlinear loads by the true RMS.
- It also has a large display which shows readings in di light ad well.
- This is a digital multimeter with min max option when it comes to measuring currents or voltages.
- It comes with a variety of dial up selections that is capable of testing voltages, millivolts etc.
- It is very durable and can last for a long time.
- Comes with the strongest warranty available.
- It is extremely safe to use.
- It comes with a 6000 count display.
- Fluke has a remarkable continuity check.
- It is a bit expensive as compared to other auto ranging digital multimeters.
- The diode check is only limited to 2V.
- The LCD display becomes a problem sometimes.
Here we have another of the brands that gives you the best multimeter for diy electronics and generally for everything that you need it for. It is a handled multimeter that promises accuracy and has proven to be the best through its remarkable customer reviews. This best auto ranging multimeter is totally worth your money.
- It has a blacklight LCD that enable reading the measurements in dark as well.
- You can record the data easily by the data hold feature.
- It has a foldable support stand so you don’t have to hold it all the time.
- It has a built in fuse protection from overloading.
- Measure current, voltage, resistance, frequency, continuity and diode.
- It can conduct AC/DC voltage test, a battery test and a resistance test as well.
- Comes with two sets of leads,
- It has a very compact size; hence it can easily fit into all toolboxes.
- It is the best auto range digital multimeter.
- The leads are a bit short.
- It is very difficult to read the display with the black lights on.
Innova does not give you any fancy features or anything but it does promise very accurate results. This best value digital multimeter gives you the best results for a very basic price and hence it comes under our list. You need to get your hands on this product as soon as possible.
- It has been designed to safely troubleshoot a variety of household and automotive electrical problems.
- Auto ranging scales and hence you don’t have to set them yourself all the time.
- It has a large LCD display and color coded LED battery.
- Comes with a single setting resistance function.
- It has bee covered with a rubber corner guard.
- It is very affordable.
- Durable design.
- It is very safe to use because of the rubber covering.
- It has 10 mega ohm input impedance.
- Not having many extra features.
- It has very poor quality control.
Astro Al provides you the best multimeter.
Follow the buyer’s guide given by us.
Use it according to the instruction manual that comes with it.
Astro Al gives you a good quality multimeter.
Innova 3320 is a good cheap multimeter.
Yes, they are all worth your money.
It is expensive because it offers a lot of features.
Fluke 117 is one of the best multimeters for electricians.
In conclusion, if you want to buy the best multimeters for the money then you should focus on our buyer guide and the top nine multimeters that we have mentioned. We are confident that none of these best multimeters for home use and professional use will disappoint you and will live up to all your expectations.
Related Article: Best Multimeter for Electronics Technician